I'm back again

Blogging back to normal


It's been a week that I was not able to post any new blog after my last post No To Cybercrime Law Protest. Its not that I was hesitant to write because of that nor I'm afraid to be reprimanded for all my posts that may or have contradict the law but I just want to take some time resting while the Netizens are all busy protesting across the web. There was that instance wherein the profile pictures of Facebook users were changed to black in supporting the protest against the implementation of the law.

Finally, the Supreme Court unanimously issued a 120-day temporary restraining order (TRO) on Republic Act 10175 or commonly known as the Cybercrime Prevention Act of 2012. It was reported that the TRO will end on February 6, 2013.





The report added that the TRO stopped law enforcement agencies like the Department of Justice, the National Bureau of Investigation and the Department of Science and Technology from implementing the law.

I just hope that the Supreme Court will finally declare the law null and unconstitutional in its final decision to avoid more protests against it.

As a blogger, I am against the implementation of the law because it partly suppressed the freedom of speech, of expression, or of the press.

Let's us all continue blogging!

Post a Comment

0 Comments