Beating the pandemic in my own and simple way

Image source: https://www.moonstone.co.za/


Covid-19 is still around and deaths are increasing in numbers. People from different regions are finding ways on how to survive amid the pandemic. The most trending business is online selling. I see it as the modest and easy way to earn while staying at home.

I'm not good at online selling. What I lack most is the drive to start. I prefer working hard physically or mentally to earn money but never to online selling. I lost an opportunity to develop a computer program when the lockdown started last March. That should had been my way of keeping myself busy during the time when we are required to stay at home. But anyway, it was not my losses after all.




Staying at home and doing nothing is what I hate most. So how did I endure the torment of staying at home? The lockdown  helped me to continue my unfinished tasks which I neglected before, like rearranging home fixtures, fixing damaged chicken pens at the backyard, segregating  the usable materials from the worn-out ones, removing cobwebs from the ceiling, fixing broken PVC pipes, manually removing grasses at the property next to mine which I borrowed for cording my gamefowls, etc. I have enough time to be with my pets, grooming and giving them baths. The lockdown was indeed a productive one for me.

Travel during the lockdown was limited to those with ECQ passes. Although I have one, but areas of visits were limited due to the pandemic. You cannot easily access entry to neighboring towns and cities because of the strict procedures and protocols. Checkpoint areas were often filled with vehicles trying to pass the area from one location to another. So, the use of ECQ pass was only limited to allow people to buy foods and household items. You cannot easily visit family members from neighboring places. All establishments and malls were closed. The order is to stay at home to evade the contamination.

I remember how my hair and beard grew rapidly because I intended not to have a haircut and beard shave to see how long my hair and beard grow for the rest of the lockdown. I found it funny but great after seeing  myself wearing beard with long hair.

Contamination grew in numbers when people from other places went home during the lockdown. Most of them were OFWs and LSIs and others are asymptomatic that pass the virus to the symptomatic ones. The effect that Covid-19 has brought to humanity is chaotic. It grew rapidly and the LGUs were having a hard time containing the spread of the virus. The newsfeeds in Facebook were all but Covid-19 updates. People from anywhere were reportedly died because of the virus.

We all are accustomed to wear our facemasks at all times especially when we get our feet out from our homes. Social distancing is often observed though I found others do not comply with it. I do not mind at all. Every establishments you visit and checkpoints require to take your body temperature and sanitize everyone's hands.That's one way of checking if visitors have fever and by sanitizing the hands with alcohol will definitely contain the spread of the virus.

At this very  moment, our city is placed in MGCQ and establishments were already open but required to observe health protocols. The opening of classes are still under observation. Other schools resort to online and modular system of education. The Department of Education are finding ways on how to continue the education and avoid the students from the virus contamination.




Work is back to normal but most companies and institutions were forced to have their employees to work on a skeletal system. In my case, I report for duty on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays only just to comply the 22 hours of duty per week as what our institution had implemented. I belong to the education sector and the pandemic has really put the burden to schools where classes are moved to August and enrollment is expected to drop down.

Everyone is praying that this will end soon. The pandemic has really made each and everyone more resilient and creative. Humanity restored by touching the lives of others and extending extra services and financial aid.

I would appreciate reading comments about your Covid-19 experience. Stay at home and always be safe.

“It’s very clear that once this crisis is over many people will be unemployed, many companies will have filed for insolvency and a huge economic cost will have been incurred. On the way there, people will look for who is responsible and if we’re not very careful there will be a blame game. That is the big danger”

Bernhard Spalt, Erste Group




Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete